The super-hero MMO's 14th DLC pack will be coming out this spring.
Daybreak has announced that Halls of Power Part II will be coming this spring to DC Universe Online on the PC, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. In its 14th DLC, players will travel to the Celestial City on the world of New Genesis, where Apokoliptian forces are causing trouble. The new content includes missions, operations, raids and rewards.
During Halls of Power Part I, Darkseid's son, Kalibak, and the villainous Mantis called upon the agents of Darkseid to delve beneath the surfaces of New Genesis and Apokolips to help them retrieve powerful ancient relics for a dark purpose. The heroic Mister Miracle and fierce Big Barda assembled a force together in an effort to stop them.
Now in Part II, Darkseid is relentless in his efforts to gather ancient artifacts of the Old Gods and has turned his legions on the Celestial City, home of Orion and the New Gods of New Genesis. Meanwhile, on Apokolips, Granny Goodness is abducting Earth's greatest Heroes and Villains to see how well they stand up against the cruelty of Apokoliptian machinations.
- Halls of Power Part II marks the debut of the New Gods Orion, Lightray, Steppenwolf, Granny Goodness and the Female Furies Lashina, Stompa and Mad Harriet in DCUO.
- New single and multiplayer adventures in Halls of Power Part II include:
- Daily Solo Bounty Missions on New Genesis - Players will be tasked with destroying or repairing Apokoliptian cannons and fighting Dreggs, Bugs and Parademons.
- New Duos - Players will have access to two new Duo Missions, "Necropolis: Resource Recovery," featuring Mister Miracle and Mantis, and "League Hall: Malfunction," where players will take on Orion or Mad Harriet.
- Four-Player Operation - In "Fatal Exams," players must escape Granny Goodness' brainwashing orphanage on Apokolips.
- Eight-Player Operation - Players must fight to reach a special teleporter to either stop Steppenwolf or defeat Lightray in "New Genesis Now."
- Eight-Player Raid - "Happiness Home" requires players to help Oracle and Calculator save Superman or Black Adam from Granny Goodness.
- Episode 14 also includes new player rewards such as New Gods- and New Genesis-inspired Base Items, Feats and Collections, and new high level gear inspired by Mister Miracle and Big Barda (Heroes), and Kalibak and Steppenwolf (Villains).
Jens Andersen, DC Universe Online's Senior Creative Director, said: "It is an immensely fun experience to re-imagine The Fourth World for DC Universe Online, and players are really going to like what we have in store for them in Halls of Power Part II. We're introducing some big names to the mix like Orion and Granny Goodness. Don't let her appearance fool you though; Granny Goodness is far from a gentle old lady and will cause serious problems for both Heroes and Villains to overcome in this Episode."
Halls of Power Part II will release as a free download for Members this spring on the PC and PlayStation. Non-members will be able to purchase it on the PSN via the in-game Marketplace or on the official site for PC.
Ann "Cyliena" Hosler, Managing Editor