n-Space and Digital Extremes have teamed up on a 5th Edition D&D RPG.
Earlier this month, developer n-Space announced both a partnership with Digital Extremes and that an RPG game reveal would be coming mid-February. The two studios boast a lot of talent, with the n-Space team including key contributors to Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate as well as the director of Dragon Age: Origins, while Digital Extremes has produced titles such as Warframe, co-created the Unreal franchise and have worked on the BioShock series.
Today the developers have unveiled Sword Coast Legends, a Dungeons & Dragons RPG set in the Forgotten Realms, due out later this year. Pre-orders are already open, with the game priced at $35, $60 and $240, and multiple copies priced at $150 and $350.
Set in the lush and vibrant world of the Forgotten Realms, Sword Coast Legends offers an all-new way to enjoy the time-tested magic of playing Dungeons & Dragons as a shared storytelling experience. With a deep narrative developed by a team of long-time industry veterans and a partnership with Wizards of the Coast, the single player campaign of Sword Coast Legends brings the world of Faerûn home like never before.
Aside from the single-player campaign mode, Sword Coast Legends also features a Dungeon Master Mode, where the DM can guide the players through a customized adventure.
- Single Player campaign penned and designed by the team that brought you Dragon Age Origins
- Choose from five playable races and six unique character classes
- Pause time, party-based tactical combat and involving storylines
- DM Mode: Create your own epic adventure to share with your friends, or enhance their experience in real time as they traverse your dungeon
- Set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe based on the 5th Edition ruleset; populated with D&D lore and legend
Check out the FAQ over on the official site for more information.
Ann "Cyliena" Hosler, Managing Editor