There are many ways to get around in Norrath, from Mariner's Bells (boats between zones) and griffon towers to teleports from your friends.
- Fast Travel: For the small fee of 20 you can access any travel point on the map (Wizard Spire, Druid Ring, Travel Bell, etc) directly from the Fast travel button in the top-right of the Map UI.
- World Bells: Labeled "Journey Through Norrath," these bells provide transportation between contents and major zones. Some Griffons and Magic Carpets are art of this system. Some griffons also provide limited inter-zone service, and are therefore classified here as World Bells.
- Mariner's Bells: These bells provide regional transport in most old world zones. They can be found on the zone docks. In a role play sense you're ringing a bell to catch a boat, but you zone instead of getting on an actual boat.
- Boats: There are actual boats you can catch to get between the Shattered Lands and Faydwer and Kunark. There is also an Airship to Moors of Ykesha.
- Spires: Some Spires are used for transportation to, from, and around the Overrealm. Others are used by Sorcerers to transport players. The Quellithulian Spire Event of Game Update 53 is also unlocking more spires for player use.
- Druid Rings: While there are many Druid Rings in Norrath, some are available to druids for teleportation provided they have done the Blessings of Growth quests for each ring. Non-Druids must also have visited the ring and obtained a Blessing of Growth to be teleported there.
- a Temporal pathfinder provides service in Sentinel's Fate zones
With GU57, inner zone travel locations now support path linking. This means when traveling via sokokar/horse/balloon you will be able to select any location in the zone that is an available travel point and let the mount do the rest. The KOS cloud pads can now teleport you to any other pad within the same zone. Cloud travel around KOS zones can now be done via the Overrealms Tour Agency. They offer tour route services for Tenebrous, Barren Sky, and Bonemire.
|Getting around in Odus
- Mount Stations: Mount stations are usually in-zone transportation to get you around the zone faster. Often they require a quest to do an errand or discover all the stations before they are all open to you.
- Griffon Stations provide rapid transit within many zones.
- Horse Stations provide transport in some EoF zones and Lavastorm. Some require completing a quest to find them all for access; others simply require you discover them first.
- Magic Carpets provide transportation within Sinking Sands and the Pillars of Flame.
- Cloud Stations provide transport between islands in Kingdom of Sky. Each station has a limited number of other cloud stations that can be reached from that station.
- Sokokar are the quick way around RoK zones. You must first have a pet sokokar, which is quested. Then you must train your pet sokokar by introducing him to new posts. Once he has been bound to a post you can fly to and from that post from or to any other post in range.
- Balloon Pads are the quick way around the Moors of Ykesha. You'll need to find them before you can use them. The quest Ship Out is handy for this!
- Travel Disc:Travel Discs provide transportation around Steamfont Mountains
- Teleport Pads: Neriak and Kelethin use teleport pads. They are also available as a house item and guild hall amenity.
- Teleporters are used in the City of Paineel
- A Temporal Guide will help you get around Sentinel's Fate zones
There are a variety of mounts in game that give players a runspeed increase and sometimes stats. Some require guild levels, city status, or a particular citizenship; others are quested. They may also be obtained as LoN loot drops and through occasional promotions.
There are a handful of odd items that allow a player to teleport around Norrath. Many are LoN Loot Drops. See: Teleport Items
The world travel system was revamped with with GU56. Traveling to different locations uses a new interface. Now when selecting a travel location via teleportation, bell, or sokokar/horse/griffon etc. you will do so through a travel map. Simply double click your choice, or select it and then press OK to be whisked away. Mousing over a location when using world teleportation displays a level range and some background information on the area.
- Bell/carpet zone travel has been consolidated. Bells on the different continents have all been linked together. This means the bells that were in Nektulos are no longer limited to 6 locations. These bells have been reduced to one bell that is linked to other bells across Norrath. Bells used to travel within Qeynos and Freeport have not been changed except that they now use the travel map allowing for more direct connections to where you wish to go.
- Druid portals no longer require the player to have harvested a Blessed Shrubbery. Blessed Shrubberies have been imbued by Tunare with the power to transport players to any of the other druid rings!
- Translocate no longer requires a planar symbol. Planar symbols have been removed from vendor lists.
- Sokokar posts no longer require the Sokokar item. They now check that you have completed either the tradeskill or adventuring version of the quest.
- Many perquisites for using intra-zone travel like grffons and horses have been removed. The quests are still in-game and optional, and many have had cash rewards added to them.
- All spires that can be reached through wizard teleportation should now have a static teleporter and they should all now link to the entire network.
- All "Call of" spells have had their cast times reduced to 10 seconds.
- All "Call of" spells have been combined into a single Call to Home ability.
This page last modified 2013-10-10 11:26:15.
There are 82 articles in this category.
Namespace: Eq2 Item
Namespace: Eq2 Mob
Namespace: Eq2 Object