The fine folks over at Daybreak have given us bonus experience until Monday.
From now through 11:59AM PT on Monday, August 20th, 2018, all players across all servers will receive bonus experience!
*Please note that this won't be listed on the Event Calendar or the Alert Bar in-game, but the bonus will still be active.
Have a great weekend!
Spell update is done and the item collector has been updated.
On Tuesday, September 4, 2018, characters on the Stormhold server will be merged onto Antonious Bayle.
In order to make the transition as smooth as possible, we've pulled together an FAQ that will help answer questions you may have about the merging process. If you have any additional questions about the merging process be sure to let us know on the forums! We'll keep the FAQ section below updated accordingly.
Q: What is a server merge?
A: During a server merge, all characters will move from one server to another. In this case, all characters from Stormhold will be moved to Antonia Bayle.
Q: Will there be free character transfers off of Stormhold before the merge?
A: Character transfer tokens will be handed out to all characters on Stormhold.
Q: Since Stormhold is a Time-Locked Expansion server, what expansion content will be available after the merge?
A: Since Stormhold is being merged onto Antonia Bayle, all Live server content that is on AB will be available.
Q: What will the server be named after the merge?
A: The server will retain the name Antonia Bayle.
Q: How will we be able to retain names if others have the same name?
A: In the event of duplicate character names during a merge, priority will be given to the character who has logged in to the game within the past sixty (60) days. If multiple characters have logged in within the past sixty (60) days, then the character which was created first will retain their name. Other same-named characters will have an "Z" (or several) added to their names automatically until their name is unique. Each player that is auto-renamed this way will get a free rename potion so that they may change their name.
Q: If my character’s name is taken or modified, will I be able to pick a new name?
A: Yes, every character that is automatically renamed will be granted a rename token to use at your convenience.
Q: Will there be any elimination of characters altogether based on level, cash reserves, etc.?
A: No, there will be no elimination of characters.
Q: Should we clear our mailboxes out before the consolidation happens?
A: Mail will get transferred over to your new server.
Q: Should I take the things I have in the bank or shared bank out?
A: There is no need to take anything out of the bank or shared bank. All items will be transferred over completely.
Q: What happens to items that I own, but I’ve placed in my Guild Hall?
A: Players should pick up soulbound (NoTrade) items from shared housing (such as Guild Halls) BEFORE the merge. This will prevent losing ownership of placed items during this merge.
Q: Should I be emptying my guild hall office so I don't lose the furniture I crafted and placed there?
A: No, all guilds and guild halls will be moved onto the same server. All housing will be moved as well.
Q: If our names change, how will the members of our guild know who we are? How will the guild still be together if everyone is renamed?
A: In the guild roster everyone will keep their notes, rank, and anything else tied to that character. If a character is renamed it will be automatically updated in the guild rosters. All characters that are auto-renamed will have the option to do a free name change. If the free name change is used it will automatically update the name in the guild roster as well.
Q: How will you handle guild names?
A: If two or more guilds have the same name at the time of the server merge, the oldest guild will keep the guild name, and we will append "Z" to other guilds with a conflicting name. If this happens to your guild, you will be offered a free guild name change.
If you have a free guild name change, to select a new guild name the leader from a guild can use the command /guild rename
If there is no leader in your guild, /initiate_guild_leader_vote can be used by guild officers to help guilds choose a new leader.
Q: Will any guilds be deleted?
A: Guilds will not be deleted during server merges.
Housing and Player-Designed Dungeons
Q: Does housing stuff all have to be packed into the moving crate for each house? Will housing templates be saved? (How do you do that? I forget!)
A: Nothing should be lost during the merge. It's always good to save your housing templates, however it should not be required. If you'd like to save your housing template, go to your house, open the house window, and hit save. It will prompt you for a template name. Enter a name, and then click 'Okay'.
Q: I have numerous dungeons that are used for storage for my decorating items. Will we need to move items from dungeons to a house prior to the merge?
A: No need to; they will all get moved to the new server.
Q: Will paid house rent transfer?
Q: Will depots transfer?
A: Yes, personal as well as guild depots will transfer.
Q: Will player written books and housing trophies be safe in your house, or should we move them to our bags/bank/house vault?
A: They will be safe in the houses.
Q: Will housing trophies still have our house info and date obtained on them, or will they now be blank?
A: They will still have your house info and date obtained.
Q: Are objects in our moving crates safe?
Q: What if we've used a house item expander? Will our expanded items be safe?
Q: Is it safe to assume that the files in our saved house layouts within the EQII folders will be preserved?
A: Yes, they will still be there. Just remember to not delete them off your hard drive.
Q: Do we need to empty house vaults?
If you have any additional questions, please ask below! Link to EverQuest 2's forums is here: forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/stormhold-to-antonia-bayle-server-merge.586194/
Patch incoming in the morning folks.
All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 6:30 AM PT* for an update. This downtime is expected to last approximately 6 hours.
Patch notes for this update can be found in the Game Update Notes section of the forums once they become available.
August 15, 2018
*** Highlights ***
- Made many changes to the way that glyphs are acquired and activated. See the AA section below for details.
*** Items ***
- Looting more than one item in a stack will now display the quantity looted in chat.
- Lore groups are now enforced in the item recovery tab when obtaining new items. Receiving an item while another in the same lore group exists in the recover tab will result in the previously destroyed item being removed from this tab and becoming unrecoverable.
- Fixed a number of typos and inconsistencies in item names.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Kapok Leaves from dropping on specific servers.
- Fixed the texture for a rock graphic that was incorrectly displaying as music notes. How's that for rock music?
- Incarnadine Legplates now accept plate and chain Hero's Forge ornaments instead of cloth and leather types.
*** Quests And Events ***
- Corrected an issue where certain instances were missing a zone name.
- Ring of Scale Raids - Changed the visual of the hero's chest to help differentiate it from the chest that contains standard raid rewards. Changed name to a hero's satchel.
- Drusella's Vault and The Sathir Line - Fixed mechanics that were intended to make the raids become more difficult after too much time had elapsed.
- Drusella's Vault - Fixed a bug that could cause the event to start when there were no players in the zone.
- The Sathir Line - Adjusted Drusella's pathing when chasing a target to be more predictable.
- Hatchery Wing: Hatching a Plan - This zone now offers reduced experience and the inhabitants will no longer drop global loot.
- Summoner Ring event in Kod'Taz (raid) - Made the following changes to the event:
- - The Stoneservant golems should reliably spawn in the circle without falling under the world.
- - The Stoneservant golems that don't drop Grand Summoner's Glyph items no longer leave a corpse or drop loot.
- - The Stoneservant golems are now body type Construct instead of Humanoid.
- Veeshan's Peak Access - Reduced the respawn time and added a respawn variance to the Swamp of No Hope and Kaesora Veeshan's Peak medallion pieces.
- Innoruuk's Curse - Made the following changes to Marl Kastane:
- - When given the Note to Marl, Marl will no longer despawn and respawn as a new version of himself with fewer dialogues and an inability to receive the Note to Marl again.
- - When given the Blood of Kyrenna, Marl will no longer despawn.
- - Reduced the respawn time and added a respawn variance to Marl.
- - Reduced the initial spawn delay of Marl.
*** Spells, Skills, and Combat Abilities ***
- Mercenaries will now correctly report how much they've healed you.
- Fixed a bug with /outputfile missingspells that prevented spells with no base mana cost from being displayed.
- Bash attacks that do not deal damage and do not stun the target will no longer have an 80% chance to interrupt the target's spell casting.
- Cleric, Druid, Shaman - Ancient Alliance, Bosquetender's Alliance, and Divine Alliance now have a 1.5 second delay between area-effect healing activations.
- Beastlord - Shared Brutal Ferocity and Shared Merciless Ferocity can now be used in conjunction with Mass Group Buff.
- Berserker - Removed the push from the additional attacks that occur when activating the Frenzy skill. The push generated from the initial attack is unchanged.
- Paladin - Adjusted the hate mod on Valiant Healing to better suit its intended purpose.
- Warrior - Adjusted the hate override on Determined Reprisal Recourse to more accurately reflect its intent compared to Wade In to Battle.
- Made the following changes to root spells:
- - Reduced the likelihood that direct-damage spells will break root on a target.
- - The chance for direct-damage spells to break root is now further reduced if you are a higher level than your target.
- - Archery and throwing attacks now have a small chance to break root.
- - Hitting yourself with a direct-damage spell will no longer roll a chance to break root/snare.
*** AA ***
- All - Banestrike can now be triggered by damage-over-time and target's-target spells. It will no longer play an animation, particles, or sound effects when activating.
- All - Made the following changes to Glyph abilities:
- - All Glyph abilities now persist through death.
- - All Glyph abilities now have 4 ranks which are available for levels 65-69, 70-84, 85-99, and 100+.
- - Increased the cost of Glyphs to better reflect the intended time investment for each level range.
- - Once you exceed the level range to activate a Glyph ability, purchasing it will cause that rank to disappear and reveal the next available rank of the ability for purchase.
- - There is no longer a differentiation between a Glyph ability granted by consuming a loyalty item and the same ability purchased normally.
- - Consolidated the various Glyph abilities into the following 4 lines:
- - - Glyph of Dragon Scales - Increases your base health, mana, endurance, mitigation, avoidance, and protects against spell and melee damage for 5 minutes.
- - - Glyph of Arcane Secrets - Reduces the mana cost of all spells for 10 minutes.
- - - Glyph of Destruction - Increases the chance your spells with apply critically, increases the damage of your critical spells, increases the chance you and your pet will deal critical melee damage, and increases the damage of your and your pet's critical melee attacks for 2 minutes.
- - - Glyph of Angry Thoughts - Increases the hatred generated by your spells and combat abilities for 10 minutes.
- - Adjusted the stacking of Glyph of Dragon Scales to prevent conflicts with other buffs.
- - Adjusted the stacking of Glyph of Destruction and Intensity of the Resolute to prevent conflicts with other buffs.
- - - Intensity of the Resolute and Glyph of Destruction should only conflict with one another and not any other ability.
- Multiple - Gravitate and Fling abilities have been changed to work on targets up to 3 levels above the caster (up from 1 level below the caster). This includes Bard's Lure of the Siren's Song, Enchanter's Rune of Banishment, Monk's Moving Mountains, Paladin's Divine Call, Shadowknight's Hate's Attraction, and Warrior's Warlord's Grasp.
- - Rare creatures and raid bosses are now globally immune to gravitate and fling effects.
- Multiple - Hold the Line has been changed into a passive ability called Improved Recovery that increases incoming healing by 2% per rank and is now available to rogues in addition to berserkers, monks, and warriors. One additional rank has been added to the ability line.
- Bard - Modulation Effects (instant spells that exchange health for mana) now function for bards.
- Bard - Increased the base reuse time of Dissonant Chord to 9 minutes, added 4 additional ranks that reduce the reuse time and increased the max NPC level of the ability. Increased the duration of the ability from 6 to 12 seconds.
- Bard - Adjusted Fierce Eye to reduce stacking conflicts with other buffs.
- Beastlord - Added two additional ranks to Frenzied Swipes.
- Cleric - Adjusted ranks 30-36 of Turn Undead to resolve some issues that were introduced when Smite the Wicked was previously consolidated into this line.
- Cleric - Adjusted the hate override value of Tunare's Grace.
- Druid - Increased the duration of Spirit of the Bear and fixed several stacking conflicts with other buffs.
- Druid - Increased the duration and mana cost of Protection of Direwood and fixed several stacking conflicts with other buffs.
- Druid - Increased the initial number of hits Wrath of the Wild lasts from 1 to 5, then up to 10 at the highest rank.
- Druid - Changed Preincarnation to trigger the highest rank spell version that you have scribed. Rank 2 now extends the duration of your Preincarnation spells by 30 minutes.
- Druid - Changed Blessing of Ro to cast the highest known spell in the Grasp of Ro line that you have scribed depending on rank.
- Druid - Changed Vortex of Ro to cast the highest known spell in the Pillar of Ro line that you have scribed depending on rank.
- Druid - Changed Spirit of Eagles to cast the highest rank spell version that you have scribed.
- Druid - Adjusted the hate override value of Blessing of Tunare.
- Enchanter - Adjusted Illusions of Grandeur to reduce stacking conflicts with other buffs.
- Magician - Malosinete and Wind of Malosinete have been renamed Malaise / Wind of Malaise and will now trigger the highest known spell in the Malaise spell line that you have scribed depending on rank. An additional rank has been added for level 106.
- Monk - The ability line Vehement Rage is now available to monks.
- Monk - Fixed a bug where rank 1 of Ton Po's Stance had a reuse time of 10 minutes instead of the intended 15 minutes.
- Monk - Removed the push from the additional attacks that occur when the AA ability Technique of Master Wu is applied to skill attacks. The push generated from the initial attack is unchanged.
- Paladin - Added endurance restoration to all three ranks of Marr's Gift.
- Paladin - Activating Lay on Hands on an unfriendly target will now direct the heal to that target's target. Ranks 31+ of Lay on Hands now have a 100% chance to heal critically.
- Paladin - Gift of Life has been changed to an area-effect heal and is now on timer 38 so it can be activated independently of Lay on Hands. Adjusted the healing values. Ranks 4+ now have a 100% chance to heal critically.
- Paladin - Added the ability line Hastened Undivided Affirmation.
- Ranger - Adjusted the Flaming Arrows, Frost Arrows, and Poison Arrows ability lines to have a permanent duration. These abilities now consume mana when successfully triggering rather than constantly draining mana while the buff is active. The triggered effects from these buffs will no longer break root.
- Ranger - Consolidated Scout's Mastery of Fire and Scout's Mastery of Ice into a single passive ability line, Wrath of the Forest Stalker, which increases the damage done by fire, ice, and magic spells and abilities.
- Ranger - Added 4 additional ranks to Scout's Mastery of the Elements starting at level 80.
- Ranger - Changed Spirit of Eagles to cast the highest rank spell version that you have scribed.
- Ranger - Fixed a bug where the trigger chance for ranks 1-4 of Headshot were not consistent with ranks 5-31.
- Shadowknight - Ranks 28+ of Harm Touch and ranks 37+ of Leech Touch now have a 100% chance to deal critical damage.
- Shadowknight - Capped the potential mana and endurance return of Thought Leech.
- Shadowknight - Mindless Hatred has been changed to rank 1 of a new ability line named Hastened Undivided Acrimony.
- Shaman - Malosinete and Wind of Malosinete have been renamed Malaise / Wind of Malaise and will now trigger the highest known spell in the Malaise spell line that you have scribed depending on rank. The Pathosis component has been changed to trigger the highest known spell in the Putrid Decay spell line that you have scribed depending on rank. Additional ranks have been added for levels 106 and 107.
- Shaman - Consolidated Spirit Walk and Group Spirit Walk into a single line named Lupine Spirit, which will now cast Spirit of Wolf, Spirit of Bih`Li, or Spirit of Tala'Tak on your target's group based on rank.
- Shaman - Turgur's Swarm now triggers the standard spell form of Turgur's Insects in addition to Turgur's Diminishment.
- Shaman - Consolidated Crippling Apparition, Crippling Spirit, and Tigir's Insect Swarm into a single line, Turgur's Virulent Swarm. This ability triggers the standard spell form of Turgur's Insects in addition to Turgur's Diminishment on multiple creatures around your target.
- Shaman - Changed Preincarnation to trigger the highest rank spell version that you have scribed. Rank 2 now extends the duration of your Preincarnation spells by 30 minutes.
- Shaman - Activating Pact of the Wolf now triggers an aura that buffs your group with Group Pact of the Wolf. Increased the health and mana offered by the self and group buffs and added a maximum endurance component.
- Shaman - Group Pact of the Wolf has been replaced with a new ability line, Soothsayer's Intervention, which will trigger the highest rank spell you have scribed from the Ancestral Intervention line.
- Warrior - Removed the hatelist override component of Warlord's Grasp.
- Warrior - Renamed Hastened Unbroken Attention to Hastened Undivided Attention and added 2 additional ranks to the ability.
- Wizard - The buffs triggered from ranks 21-24 of Call of Xuzl (Gift of Arcana, Gift of Fire, and Gift of Ice) will now persist until they focus their intended element or wear off, rather than dissipating after a single cast. Slightly increased the likelihood that Gift of Ice or Gift of Arcana will be triggered.
*** NPCs ***
- Drachnids across Norrath, celebrate by shaking your spinnerets! In classic zones, drachnids have reverted to their classic appearance.
- Rare creatures and raid bosses are now globally immune to gravitate and fling effects.
*** Progression Servers ***
- The research recipe to create Remove Greater Curse now requires The Serpent's Spine.
- The Artisan Essence for the level 7 tradeskill trophies will now combine when Prophecy of Ro is open.
- Quartermaster Grik will be available pre Gates of Discord. He will not be a tribute master until Gates of Discord.
- Froglok Monk NPCs in the Rathe Mountains and Wood Elf Beastlord NPCs in Greater Faydark will no longer appear until Call of the Forsaken has been activated on that server.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Fixed an issue where NPCs would not consistently attribute proper hate for casters of beneficial spells (such as Valiant Defense) that have hate override values.
- Fixed a client crash issue that could occur when trying to enter the game from character select to a zone that isn't currently running.
- Corrected some Out of Combat timer inaccuracies.
- Changing your volume while in range of a sound will no longer cause the volume to jump unexpectedly.
- Fixed a bug causing some clients to fail to load social animations by default.
- Traps will now scale correctly in Heroic Adventures.
- Made pathing improvements within some of the buildings in the Ring of Scale Overthere zone.
- Updated the pathing in Crescent Reach to coincide with some minor geometry changes to the zone.
- Fixed an error when deleting trial heroic characters.
*** UI ***
- Removed the message 'You haven't recovered yet...' when attempting to cast a spell before recast timers have completed.
- Added new chat filters for heals, damage over time spells, direct damage spells, and songs.
- Archery damage is now reported as shots instead of hits, and double bow shots are indicated at the end of the same line.
- Clarified the message you receive when deleting trial heroic characters.
- Raid invites will now work for characters who are zoning.
- The 'ESC to Close' option on the in-game Marketplace window now functions correctly.
- Changed -
- The EverQuest Team
Plane of DIsease: Virulent Insurrection [Raid]
Shard of Hate: Reignited Hatred [Raid]
Fabled Ykesha's Inner Stronghold [Raid]
Brackish Vaults: Realm of the Triumvirate [Raid]
Item Updates can be found at: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-tuesday-august-7-2018.586117/#post-6516533
RETURN TO GUK
The ancient city of Guk has rarely known peace, and never for long, but it is not just hostile tribes of trolls or zealot frogloks vying for ownership of its labyrinthine halls.
Within the depths of Guk, the Unseen Arcanum still thrives, and the curse of Ykesha threatens all with undeath! Whether motivated by religious conviction, vengeance, or treasure, few have ever returned from within its corridors.
Shard of Hate: Utter Contempt [Heroic] and Udder Contempt [Herd Mode]
Shard of Hate: Utter Contempt [Solo]
Plane of Disease: Virulent Incursion [Raid]
Plane of Innovation: The Wasteyards [Raid]
Solusek Ro’s Tower: Citadel of the Sun [Raid]
(More information after the jump).