Several awards were handed out last night with Shadows of Mordor hitting the top.
Last night the Game Developers Choice Awards (GDCA) ceremony took place at GDC, with Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor scoring Game of the Year. Blizzard (Hearthstone) and Bungie (Destiny) both received awards, as well as a smattering of other developers.
- Game of the Year: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Monolith Productions)
- Audience Award: Elite: Dangerous (Frontier Developments)
- Best Audio: Alien: Isolation (Creative Assembly/Sega)
- Best Debut: Stoic Studio for The Banner Saga
- Best Design: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (Blizzard)
- Best Handheld/Mobile Game: Monument Valley (ustwo)
- Best Narrative: Kentucky Route Zero: Act III (Cardboard Computer)
- Best Technology: Destiny (Bungie/Activision)
- Best Visual Art: Monument Valley (ustwo)
- Innovation Award: Monument Valley (ustwo)
- Ambassador Award: Brenda Romero
- Pioneer Award: David Braben (co-developed Elite in the early 1980s)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Hironobu Sakaguchi (creator of the Final Fantasy series)
Ann "Cyliena" Hosler, Managing Editor