ZAM's Mike Bailey goes hands-on with Gigantic in an in-depth video!
Motiga has revealed its much anticipated title in development: Gigantic! Team up with four of your friends to control the battlefield and defeat the opposition's five-story-tall guardian... while keeping your own team's guardian alive. A wide variety of heroes will fulfill many playstyles, and you can unlock more heroes and better abilities each time you play Gigantic.
Last week, ZAM's Mike Bailey joined Motiga's Character Artist Joe Pikop and Creative Director James Phinney for a pre-alpha hands-on session with Gigantic.
- Choose your own guardian. Each team has a massive guardian that rampages across the battlefield, destroying buildings and anything else in its way. No more capturing flags or destroying helpless crystals; the guardian has an AI designed to be dangerous.
- Level up on the fly. As the battle rages, choose newer, stronger abilities for your hero and adapt to the changing battle. Whether you like in-your-face melee or precisely aimed ranged attacks, Gigantic has a wide variety of heroes for you.
- Immersive third-person view. You’re at the heart of a vibrant fantasy world, part of the action, not floating above it. No flat arenas or straight lanes—you’ll seize the high ground, find a hidden path to flank the enemy, or lure your foes into a trap.
- Gameplay is easy to learn, difficult to master. Action meets strategy in Gigantic, where your hands and your brain are equally involved. Familiar WASD controls make you feel right at home, but rapid-fire tactics and deep strategy keep the challenges fresh.
- Robust post-launch content promises new gameplay experiences. Gigantic is a living game, with frequent content updates ensuring there’s always something new to master. And “freedom to play” means you can play Gigantic all you want without dropping a dime.
Ann "Cyliena" Hosler, Managing Editor