Progression Server Information & Guides:
Click on Overview to get a listing of expansions and other progression servers.
Rain of Fear Information & Guides:
An Overview | Group Progression & Task List | Raid Progression | Visible Armor | Rain of Fear Lore
Rain of Fear is EverQuest's 19th expansion. It was announced on September 6, 2012, and had an official launch date of November 28, 2012.
- For the original announcement, see this news story.
- For all announcements and news postings surrounding the expansion, see this link.
- For the expansion release patch message, see this news story.
In February 2013, it was announced that an extension to the Rain of Fear expansion would be arriving in Spring: "Shadow of Fear" would bring on two additional zones, the Plane of Shadow and Chelsith Reborn. These zones were introduced on April 17, 2013.
In June 2013, a second extension was announced. "Heart of Fear" went live with three new zones on July 16, 2013..
- Level cap increase from 95 to 100 – Achieve a new max level of 100 and set a new standard of gameplay.
- Hunter System – Gain special rewards and titles for defeating large numbers of foes.
- The Hunter System is found in the achievement window ("/ach" to track your kills).
- Aggro Meter – A brand new tool to help better manage your aggro. You can now see your aggro level relative to your group.
- Appears automatically in target windows.
- Collection System – Discover items throughout Norrath and collect sets for exciting rewards and titles.
- Like the Hunter System, this is found in and tracked through the achievement window.
- Improved Brokering System – Sell items in the Bazaar while being offline! More flexibility as a buyer to search and purchase from anywhere in the world.
- New Linear Item Progression – Stats on armor collected will increase as you move up from one tier to another.
- New itemization eliminates the issue where some classes would actually be downgrading by replacing a particular lower tier item with a higher tier item.
- Customization with non-visible armor – All non-visible armor in Rain of Fear can be worn by all. You'll be able to customize your stats for every encounter.
- Many earrings, rings, neck items, belts, etc. are designated ALL/ALL.
- Class-specific stat distribution – Collect items that are designed specifically for each classes' abilities.
- This is tied to the new itemization and all/all items.
- More than 1800 New Spells (Ranks 1, 2 & 3) – Exponentially add to your spell arsenal.
- More than 550 AAs – Elevate your power and abilities like never before.
- More than 3500 New Items – Create your own identity with thousands of new items.
- More than 3000 New Tradeskill recipes – Increase your value across Norrath by creating items only available by your craftsmanship.
- More than 110 Quests – Challenge your skills and gather useful loot.
- 13 Raids – Collect valuable rewards from all new adventures.
- 9 Zones – Be the first to discover untouched lands of Norrath.
- (10 zones if you count the new raid instance of North Temple of Veeshan.)
- 19 Missions – Experience intriguing lore and immersive Missions.
- Continued opportunity to kill off Halflings.
- Legends of Norrath™ – 5 Digital Booster Packs.
After the defeat of The Triune God, the power of fear shot up into the sky and has now fallen back to Norrath in the form of crystalline shards... On the heels of the incident at the Tower of Frozen Shadow, some other old faces (along with some new faces) have gotten their hands on some of these shards...
For more lore surrounding Rain of Fear, check out this wiki article.
- Check out this link for a list of zones in the Rain of Fear expansion.
- There were two difficulty tiers in the expansion's original release:
- Tier 3 (added as part of "Shadow of Fear", an extension to the Rain of Fear in April 2013):
- Tier 4 (added as part of "Heart of Fear", an extension to the Rain of Fear in July 2013):
- Note: There is a 15th zone (raid only) not officially associated with Rain of Fear, but released at the same time:
- A screenshot of the in-game map of zone connections can be found here. (For the "Shadow of Fear" release map, see this image; for the original release map, see this image.)
- How to get to Rain of Fear zones:
- Via the passage in the far northeastern corner of Erillion, the City of Bronze (to zone into Shard's Landing)
- Via Druid/Wizard ports (to zone into Shard's Landing)
- Via the Guild Hall portal (to zone into Shard's Landing)
- Via the various portals found in older content (see the next section)
- By clicking on the shard in the middle of the Shard's Landing crater (to zone into the Heart of Fear)
- Zone connections to Rain of Fear zones are found in six other older content zones:
- Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening (entered through the Eastern Wastes -- shard click in the far southeastern corner of the zone)
- Breeding Grounds (entered through Dragon Necropolis -- shard click in the far eastern part of the zone's upper level)
- Grelleth's Palace (entered through the Resplendent Temple -- shard click next to Udgar the Brave in the underground cave system)
- Evantil, the Vile Oak (entered by climbing a giant root near the Sarith zone-in; it extends into the southern boundary of the zone)
- Chapterhouse of the Fallen (entered through the Commonlands -- shard click next to the Befallen entrance)
- Valley of King Xorbb (entered through Beholder's Maze -- shard click in the north-central part of the zone)
- Chelsith Reborn (entered through The Grey -- shard click in the revenant lake, northwestern corner of the zone)
- Plane of Shadow (entered through Vex Thal -- shard click just outside the entrance hallway from the Umbral Plains)
- Map Locations (copy & paste into map files):
- eastwastes.txt map
- P 4191.0000, 9091.0000, 143.0967, 0, 0, 240, 2, Zeixshi-Kar's_Awakening
- necropolis.txt map
- P 2732.6785, 36.3181, 18.1900, 0, 0, 240, 2, Breeding_Grounds
- resplendent.txt map
- P -97.8480, -2895.9031, -333.5678, 0, 0, 240, 2, Grelleth's_Palace
- beastdomain.txt map
- P -3345.0874, 6106.0879, 40.8294, 0, 0, 240, 2, Evantil,_the_Vile_Oak
- commonlands.txt map
- P -975.0684, 1054.1019, 41.6716, 0, 0, 240, 2, Chapterhouse_of_the_Fallen
- beholder.txt map
- P 543.4254, -1272.5778, 3.5822, 0, 0, 240, 2, Valley_of_King_Xorbb
- thegrey.txt map
- P -1331.0991, -1475.7340, -33.3682, 0, 0, 0, 1, Chelsith_Reborn
- vexthal.txt map
- P 897.2314, 209.9796, -43.9980, 0, 0, 0, 1, Plane_of_Shadow
- Before going to these older zones, be sure to first pick up all the portal attuning tasks (note: this search output includes four older content tasks as well). Once you have those six tasks (or can do one at a time if you prefer), you can enter the new zones through the above portals and click an item to update your task. Once your task is updated for the particular zone, you can use the portals found in Shard's Landing to go to the new zones (this, instead of having to run around older zones every time).
- In the group game, there are no locked zones in this expansion. All zones are open.
- None of the mercenary tasks (meaning the kill tasks and non-story arc tasks) have any pre-requisites for requesting.
- Each zone has a central story arc (a zone's partisan tasks and missions). While partisan tasks for a particular zone have to be completed in a certain order, there are no other pre-requisites (meaning you can "start" in whichever zone you want; you are not forced to start in Tier 1).
- Unlike the group game, there is an element of raid progression in place.
- Like Veil of Alaris, raid currencies (and vendors) are back. Currencies work the same way as in Veil of Alaris.
- These are links to in-game Hunter Achievements. Known map points (for .txt map files) can be found on the achievement listings, and maps with known spawn points can be found on NPC listings (linked from the achievement displays here):
- Armor is produced in a similar manner as previous expansions, except there is no template to buy, and the adorning agent is ALL/ALL.
- With the "Heart of Fear" extension, class weapons were added (one group weapon and one raid weapon for each class).
- There are no locked AAs. All AAs are immediately available.
- Spells are obtained in the same manner as previous expansions (Rk. I vendorbought; Rk. II result from droppable turn-ins; Rk. III result from no-trade raid drops).
- Rank I spells are open to purchase without any pre-requisites.
- Rank I Spells
- These spells are bought from vendors in the crater of Shard's Landing (in and around tents at around /location 400, 50, 2 -- this is the southwestern part of the crater where all the Shard's Landing task NPCs are found):
- Rank II Spells
- Tradeable Dreadmotes are dropped by named mobs throughout the expansion.
- Say "dreadmote" to Tomekeeper Kerkaz in Shard's Landing (435, 25, 0 -- in a tent in the southwestern portion of the crater, slightly north of the quest NPC camp).
- Rank III Spells
- NO TRADE Terrormotes are found in raid chests.
- Say "terrormote" to Tomekeeper Kerkaz in Shard's Landing (435, 25, 0 -- in a tent in the southwestern portion of the crater, slightly north of the quest NPC camp).
- Portal Spells
- Wizard and Druid portal spells are bought from Magus Burlshin in Shard's Landing. He's found at the crystal druid ring a short distance from the zone-in in the southeastern valley. You need ally faction with "Crystal Circle Builders" to see them.
- Faycite Shards
- Faycite spell shard augmentations are bought from Tomekeeper Kerkaz in the spell vendor camp of Shard's Landing (435, 25, 0 -- in a tent in the southwestern portion of the crater, slightly north of the quest NPC camp).
This page last modified 2020-05-26 05:41:44.