Carbine invites players to participate in the beta for the upcoming F2P transition.
This morning Carbine announced that the WildStar F2P closed beta test has gone live! The CBT is open to all current subscribers, as well as non-subscribers who obtain a closed beta key. Click the "Sign Up For Beta" button on the main site to register for a chance to obtain a key.
“We can’t wait to have players get into beta and check out all the new content,” said Carbine's Product Director Mike Donatelli. “Inviting players to test all these systems is key to our success. We're looking to them to provide critical feedback that will enable us to launch free-to-play this fall.”
Some of the new content and features include:
- The Alpha Sanctum: A new instance that brings players into the world storyline much earlier in the game than ever before. Featuring creative gameplay, a unique environment, and a compelling narrative, the Alpha Sanctum introduces players to the mysteries of Nexus in an unforgettable way.
- Madame Fay’s Fortunes: Discover all-new treasures with Madame Fay's Fortunes, an exciting, randomized reward system that can turn a tiny investment into big, big shinies with the help of everyone's favorite Lopp fortune-teller, Madame Fay.
- New Player Experience: A revamped Arkship and arrival sequence welcomes newcomers to WildStar and offers everyone the option of choosing where to start their Nexus adventure based on their level of MMO experience. Character creation has also been overhauled, giving players a better understanding of the choices they're making and the customization options available.
- Loyalty Program: Any player who has ever invested money in WildStar by subscribing to the game, redeeming C.R.E.D.D., or purchasing MTX items will now earn points in the game’s Loyalty Program. These reward points, which are also earned retroactively, give players access to additional gear, items, pets, mounts and more.
- Quality-of-Life: A multitude of quality-of-life improvements have been added, including a revamped sprint function, navpoints to help players keep track of their next objective, daily player login rewards, and much more.
More details on the CBT and a feature summary is available on the WildStar forums.
Ann "Cyliena" Hosler, Managing Editor