Nintendo started Day 2 with a flourish! Find out if anything piques your interest.
Welcome to Day 2 of E3 coverage here on ZAM!
Today's first media briefing (1 of 3) was from Nintendo. It was a cheery event in true Nintendo fashion. Trailers, dates and info below!
Table of Contents:
- Muppet Intro
- Starfox Zero
- Skylanders: Superchargers
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
- Hyrule Warriors: Legends
- Zelda - Dev Story
- Metroid Prime: Federation Forge
- Fire Emblem: Fates
- Genei Ibun Roku
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
- Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival
- Yoshi's Wooly World
- YO-KAI WATCH
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
- Super Mario Maker
- Mario - Dev Story
- Closing Montage
Nintendo blasts off with a gameplay trailer for a new Starfox! Shows Wii U functionality and ship transformation.
- Transform into the Landmaster and Gyrowing.
- Aim from the cockpit with the Wii U gamepad.
Followed up with a developer story from Miyamoto, with additional gameplay:
New characters coming, and now vehicles in Skylanders.
- Turbo-Charged Donkey Kong, and his vehicle The Barrel Blaster
- Hammerslam Bowser, and his vehicle Clown Cruiser
- Has a Magma Bowser transformation ability
- Vehicles have their own movesets, upgrade trees, powers and abilities.
- Twist the base, and you can also use it as an amiibo!
A multiplayer Zelda to be played with two friends!
- The Totem mechanic, where players stack to reach higher places.
- For single-player, there are "doll-like" characters you can switch between.
- A "fashion element" to it. Collect items to create things to wear with new abilities.
- As they're worn, your abilities change. Your experience changes depending on what you wear.
A 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors; a "reimagining" of it.
- Will include all DLC characters.
- Additional stages from Windwaker to expand gameplay.
Developers discuss the Zelda titles above.
4 player co-op in Metroid Prime universe. Also includes Blast Ball, 3v3 sci-fi sports battles. Gameplay:
Cinematic trailer for the next entry in the Fire Emblem franchise.
Cinematic trailer showcasing the game's wide mix of characters.
Monolith Soft shows off a cinematic with a handful of gameplay thrown in:
New Animal Crossing spinoff coming to 3DS:
Animal Crossing amiibos are coming, along with this boardgame-style spinoff:
Latest gameplay video! (Still loving the knit style of this game.)
Find YO-KAI, add them to your watch, and battle!
"Two Mario worlds collide!" The Paper Mario universe meets their 3D Mario counterparts.
The original Mario Tennis was glorious. Here's a gameplay trailer for the new one, Ultra Smash!
- Mystery mushrooms in Super Mario Maker can turn Costume Mario into your amiibos.
- 8-Bit Mario amiibo coming!
A great developer story reminiscing about the old way of designing Super Mario, and how Super Mario Maker fits in.