EA's event is done! Dive into all of the latest details from EA.
Welcome back to today's E3 coverage here on ZAM!
Today's second media briefing (2 of 4) was from EA. We've got the details you're looking for, so let's dive in!
Table of Contents:
- Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Need for Speed
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- EA Sports - NHL 16, PGA Tour, NBA Live 16
- Mobile Games
- FIFA 16
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- Madden 16
- Star Wars: Battlefront
EA starts off strong with a Mass Affect: Andromeda cinematic teaser!
A cinematic trailer "captured in-engine". First, some details:
- "The definitive Need for Speed."
- Twice the size of Need for Speed Rivals.
- "Richest customization ever seen in a Need for Speed (game)."
- 5 action-packed, overlapping stories: Speed, Style, Build, Crew, Outlaw
There was also a gameplay trailer showing customization & a very quick race. (We'll add the video if we spot it!)
A cinematic trailer previewing the lore behind the new expansion.
- Title: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Taking SWTOR back to the roots of Bioware-style story telling.
- Free expansion to all subscribers.
A unique, emotional game featuring a tiny character named Yarny. It's a puzzle platformer where you unravel as you progress. Physics-based. Created by a team of 14 people. Charming gameplay trailer ahead:
Starts with the announcement trailer:
- First time in the franchise, Plants are the ones attacking!
- Has 4-player wave-based Co-op. Defend against Plants as the Zombies!
- Every game mode can be played Solo or in Local Splitscreen.
- Multiple characters: Imp, Super Brainz (Melee), Zoologist, and Captain Dreadbeard (Sniper)
- You can transfer characters from PVZ: GW1.
- Free content updates "long after launch."
- Live gameplay demo & below!
Ends with several minutes of gameplay!
NHL 16 has a cinematic, narrated trailer.
A quick look at other sports titles was given. A few notes:
- PGA Tour: No load time between holes.
- NBA Live 16 - Sept. 29th, 2015: Face-scanning tech, available before the game launches.
- Physics-based player movement; live motion + physics based. Have spent 2 years developing.
- Rebuilt passing & catching systems.
- New shot system with full control; release exactly when you want.
Two new mobile games coming later this year:
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, a CCG RPG
- Minions Paradise, a "Builder Game" - Cinematic Trailer
The one and only Pelé came on-stage to tell a story, following by a description of franchise improvements:
- All-new defensive agility
- Control the midfield, with "Interception Intelligence" and "Passing with Purpose
- Better dribbling; no touch dribbling motion-captured from Messi
- "Innovating on every inch of the pitch."
- Compete at a higher level, with constantly-changing options hovering over your player
- Women's teams are in the game for the first time in the franchise.
Mirror's Edge origin story. On-stage, they showed narrated gameplay and gave a description of Mirror's Edge at a high level.
- Built on the latest version of the Frostbite engine.
- "No levels, no loading screens. You are truly free-roaming."
"Draft Champions" mode, a fantasy draft experience "every day".
- Similar to madden mobile and ultimate team.
- Choose from 3 players every round.
- Play solo or online with your drafted team.
Focused on three positions this year: QBs, Receivers, and Defenders
- QBs: Body-relative throws, high or low.
- WRs: Three new catch types: possession catch, run-after-catch, aggressive catch.
- DBs: Play the Receiver
Starts with a slideshow with narration. The images & clips are nice, but EA knows what we want: GAMEPLAY.
Note: Gameplay captured directly from a PlayStation 4.