Join Carbine's Jen Gordy, Tony Rey & David Bass as they show off some PvP action.
If you missed last weekend's WildStar PvP livestream, have no fear because Carbine has the video prepped and ready to go for your viewing pleasure this week. Join Senior Community Manager, David Bass, Community Manager, Tony Rey and PvP Systems Lead, Jen Gordy, as they spill the details on everything related to WildStar's Battlegrounds and Arenas.
If you take away anything from this video remember to stay out of the red, go for objectives and lead your team to victory–or die trying.
Since the livestream is pretty significant in length, here's a few key points that were discussed.
- There will be two Battlegrounds at launch, "Walatiki Temple" and "Halls of the Bloodsworn". And we can definitely expect more to be released post-launch (a third Battleground is in the works already).
- Players will be able to level up from levels 6-50 exclusively through PvP, if they so choose, and will earn the PvP currency "Prestige" to purchase PvP-related gear and items
- There will be one Arena Map for launch, but 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 team sizes will be available
- Arena teams have a shared health pool instead of single-elimination style matches
- Rated Battlegrounds and Rated Arenas only begin at level cap (level 50)
- Battlegrounds and Arenas before level-cap will match you based on your Gearscore, while Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas will match you based on your acquired rating
For some in-game PvP action, be sure to check out the video and, as always, keep it locked to ZAM for more WildStar news, updates and information.
See you on Nexus!
Corey "Cyglaive" Jenkins
Follow Corey on Twitter @Cyglaive