Blizzard reveals the contents of the upcoming World of Warcraft: Cataclysm "Collector's Edition" box set, priced at $79.99 USD
We still don't have a release date for Blizzard's next World of Warcraft expansion, Cataclysm... but we do have details about what's included in the "Collector's Edition" box! In a press release earlier this week, Blizzard announced the limited-release Collector's Edition of Cataclysm, the third and upcoming expansion for WoW. The package will only be available at retail stores with a suggested price of $79.99, according to the press release.
The collector's edition includes the following "exclusive bonus items" in addition to the game disc: a 176-page artwork book titled "Art of the Cataclysm," a " Lil' Deathwing" in-game vanity pet, a behind-the-scenes DVD, a Cataclysm soundtrack CD, a Deathwing-themed mouse pad and a set of World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards. The card set includes a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector's Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG.
Read the full Cataclysm collector's edition press release after the jump. Be sure to check out ZAM and Wowhead's Cataclysm Beta Key Contest for your chance to preview the upcoming expansion before it hits store shelves, and visit our World of Warcraft portal site for more Cataclysm news and information.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition Announced
IRVINE, Calif., Aug 17, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for a limited-release Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft(R): Cataclysm(TM), the third expansion for the world's most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game,* World of Warcraft. The special Collector's Edition package, which will only be available at retail stores, will include the following exclusive bonus items in addition to the game disc:
- Art of the Cataclysm art book, featuring 176 pages of never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Entertainment cinematics department and the World of Warcraft development team, as well as progressive visuals from multiple stages of development.
- Exclusive in-game pet: he may not be a breaker of worlds just yet, but Lil' Deathwing will still proudly accompany heroes on their struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.
- Behind-the-scenes DVD with over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, as well as a special Warcraft(R) retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.
- Soundtrack featuring 10 epic new tracks from Cataclysm, including exclusive bonus tracks.
- Special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.
- World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards, including a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector's Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG.
The first two World of Warcraft expansions, The Burning Crusade(R) and Wrath of the Lich King(R), each shattered PC game sales records upon their release. In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races -- worgen and goblins -- will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.
The beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is currently underway. To set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate, please visit the official Battle.net website at http://www.battle.net.
The World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows(R) XP/Windows Vista(R)/Windows(R) 7 and Macintosh(R) at a suggested retail price of $79.99. The release date and other details for the game will be announced in the months ahead. For more information on World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, please visit the official website at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm.