Many updates the past month.
A ton of CoV info entered in. We're still missing a handful of CoV collections so keep uploading them! (Thanks Adetia!)
Thanks to Drewinette and Cylius for filling in the gaps where we were missing CoV info.
Click Read More to see all the updates.
From all of us at Allakhazam, we wish you all Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad or whatever you say this time of the year, we hope you all enjoy yourselves!
Many many updates over the past month+.
Information is still being added on a daily basis for Claws of Veeshan expansion content.
Make sure to check out our Claws of Veeshan wiki if you haven't.
Click on the Read More link below to see all the updates.
Update: Item collector is patched for the December game update.
Another expansion for EQ folks. Claws of Veeshan launches today!
We've been hard at work getting information about the expansion ready to view.
I'd like to thank those who helped me get all this information. SwiftyMUSE for being on the ball with getting items uploaded when I needed them and Grizabelle for getting tradeskill recipes entered in.
Now, with that being said you can see a majority of the info about the expansion by looking at the Claws of Veeshan wiki.
We are still filling in information on quests and drops for NPCs so we'll need all of your help filling in that information.
December 8, 2020
*** Highlights ***
- Claws of Veeshan is now available for anyone that has purchased it.
- - Velious is overwhelmed with writhing ice. Frozen undead swarm everywhere. The few survivors throw aside old hatreds, for now at least, and band together to survive. The heroes of Norrath arrive to help them, but they have not discovered the source of the deadly ice. The remaining giants of Kael Drakkel, now more able to move around their city, carve a tunnel out to the Cobalt Scar. It is time for the bravest heroes of Norrath to challenge the dragons of Velious and put an end to the deadly magic that has tormented the citizens of the continent.
- - Rise to the challenge! Face the ancient dragons of Velious and bring them to account for their actions!
- - The Dragon's Hoard is now available. See below for details.
*** Quests & Events ***
- Lake-Effect Snow Devils - Updated text to reflect which mob should be killed for credit with the quest.
- - Fixed an issue with snow dervishes appearing with incorrect names.
- - Fixed an issue in where players were not getting kill credit for killing snow dervishes in the Great Divide.
- To Kill a Thel Ereth Ril - Fixed an issue where Alchemist Vaskerin would not give the player the correct item to continue the quest.
*** Spells ***
- Monk - Increased the incoming damage modifier for ranks 2 and 3 of Firewalker's Covenant.
- Necromancer - Increased the maximum level affected by Malevolent Alliance from 110 to 115.
- Paladin - Increased the maximum level affected by Holy Alliance from 110 to 115.
- Wizard - Increased the maximum level affected by Self-Combustion Effect from 110 to 115.
*** AA ***
- The following Archetype AAs are now collectively called "Battlefield Vengeance":
- - Return Kick, Frenzied Return Strike, Knight's Return Strike, Hunter's Return Kick, Knave's Return Strike, Warlord's Return Kick, Beastlord's Feral Kick, and Furious Refrain.
- - Their functionality remains the same.
*** NPCs ***
- More windchill sprites can be found in the Eastern Wastes (Torment of Velious).
- Zeflmin Welikanin can now teleport you to the Torment of Velious version of the Cobalt Scar.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- The Dragon's Hoard is now available. To find it, open the bank and click on the Dragon's Hoard button.
- - This will act as a separate bank for each character and allow you to store additional items.
- - It can be accessed from any banker in the world on all servers as long as you have purchased the Claws of Veeshan expansion.
- - This gives you the option to store your items in a list based format that is easily sorted and auto-merges your stacks of items for you.
- - The cap for each character's Hoard is 100 items for members, 25 items for non-members, and 100 additional items from purchased Dragon's Hoard Slots.
- - Dragon's Hoard items will only show up in Find Item window searches when the Dragon's Hoard window is open.
- - Dragon's Hoard items will be listed in /outputfile inventory if it is run when the Dragon's Hoard window is open.
- - The Dragon's Hoard allows for one additional instance of a lore/lore-group item to be stored, independent of your inventory, similar to the shared bank.
- Fixed a potential client crash when trying to render lighting on some models.
- Fixed a potential rare client crash related to chat channels and invalid character data.
*** UI ***
- Fixed several potential client crashes related to custom UIs and the Overseer window.
- Added -
- Changed -
- The EverQuest Team
November 18, 2020
*** Items ***
- Fixed the spell description of the Claws of Veeshan Expansion Ticket to say it will grant Claws of Veeshan.
- Music Box: Kaladim will now play music even if you do not target yourself when you click.
*** Quests & Events ***
- Dragons, Dragons, Dragons will allow you to progress further, if you have the skills.
*** Spells ***
- Necromancer - Corrected an issue that allowed the Deathwhisper focus effect to affect spells that it is not intended to affect.
- Paladin - Spells in the Harmonious Blessing line will no longer stack with each other.
- Shadowknight - Spells in the Harmonious Disruption line will no longer stack with each other.
- Magician - Fixed an issue that caused Meteoric Bolt and Korascian Bolt to display an incorrect bolt model.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Addressed potential zone crashes related to disconnected players and spell processing.
- Addressed a potential login server crash related to modifying account data.
- The newest wolves no longer count as birds and will trigger as wolves for Slayer achievements. The kills that were wolves but triggered the bird achievements will be removed from the "Bird Flew," "The Zookeeper," and "Featherbrained Plan" Slayer achievements. These kills will not be added to the equivalent wolf achievements. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused.
- The EverQuest Team
Update: The item collector is patched.
Well here it is folks, the new upcoming expansion for Everquest. Check out the details below.
It’s been quite a year! We’ve had to adjust to working from home and learning how to put together an expansion while working remotely. I am incredibly proud of the team and what they have achieved, but the days are growing shorter, the nights are growing longer, and we are rapidly approaching that magical time of year. With that in mind, I am thrilled to announce our 27th expansion officially and show off the logo and key art!
That’s right, our 27th Expansion for EverQuest is named Claws of Veeshan and continues the tales that began in Torment of Velious. Velious is overwhelmed with writhing ice. Frozen undead swarm everywhere. The few survivors that remain throw aside old hatreds -- for now at least -- and band together to survive.
It is time for the bravest heroes of Norrath to challenge the dragons of Velious and put an end to the deadly magic that has tormented the citizens of the continent.
Rise to the challenge! Face the ancient dragons of Velious and bring them to account for their actions!
There is so much more to reveal over the coming weeks as we launch beta and preorders for Claws of Veeshan on October 21 between 10 AM and 12 PM (Noon) PDT. Don’t forget, If you pre-order, you will get access to Beta. I hope to see you all there!
Tech Debt and Other Projects
We were able to complete projects on multiple database migrations, upgrades, and optimizations that had become tech debt this year. In addition to the performance improvements we've been making since June, we've closed out around 150 separate bugs. In addition to that, we’ve been replacing our hardware with new and more powerful servers, and we’ve also reached a 95% reduction in world crashes since the peak of this year. While some of these projects have happened in the background, you were affected by some long downtimes on some of them while they were being solved. Thank you so much for your patience then and your continued forbearance as we improve EverQuest and continue to build stories in Norrath for years to come.
We announced our inaugural Darkpaw Games Extra Life team TEAM DARKPAW, led by our community manager, Dreamweaver. The team has already raised over 5400 dollars and has almost 100 members! Game Day is November 7th, and it’s never too late to join and raise money for the Children's Miracle Network.
Developer Video Series
Daybreak as a company has been partnering with the San Diego County Office of Education to teach kids about careers in tech, and part of that project is our Developer Video Series. I had the pleasure of being the first one up! You can check out the video on the SDCOE Youtube channel here and stay tuned for more from our studio and other studios in the Daybreak Family.
I know that’s a lot to go over but don’t forget,
Beta and Preorder for Claws of Veeshan, October 21, 2020. I’ll see you there.
Never Give Up,
Jenn Chan, Head of Studio, Darkpaw Games
All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 6:00 AM PT* for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 7 hours.
Patch notes for this update will be found in the Game Update Notes section of the forums once they are available.
*Convert to your local time