August 2017 Patch
The august patch is incoming tomorrow morning. Server downtime is estimated to be 5 hours starting at 6:30AM PST, 7:30AM MST, 8:30AM CST, 9:30AM EST.
Here are the patch notes.
August 16, 2017
*** Highlights ***
- Look to the marketplace August 16th for the Ayr`Dal Heritage Crate. See details below.
- Pick zones with grouping have been improved. See details below.
*** Items ***
- The Scimitar of the Mistwalker pet now attacks its target before disappearing.
- Enraged Goblin Beads no longer have an augment slot.
- Updated the icons on many mount items.
- No-rent items will now be removed from key ring slots after logging out for 30+ minutes in the same fashion that no-rent items are removed from standard inventory slots.
- Returned the original bard song to Darkened Breath of Harmony.
- Many item based proc effects for recent expansions now have a different spell particle.
- Wand of Everlasting Water will only summon 20 water.
- Increased the stack size of fishing bait items to 1000.
- Added the heirloom flag to most 12+ slot, lore, no-drop containers.
- Fixed a number of miscellaneous book/note items that were not displaying the correct text.
- Fixed a number of lore group items that were missing the name of their lore group.
- Removed the placeable flag from a number of shroud/monster mission items.
- Removed the ability to place Ghostly Bridle, Samhain Costume, and Burning Dead Robes in key rings as temporary items were not intended to fit into the key ring.
- Fixed a number of cases where the level required to activate the effect on an item did not match the level required to wear the item.
- Changed bard items that grant Amplification effects (Bloodfiend`s Throat Gem, Phosphorescent Rapier of Light, Shadowsong Cloak, and Voice of the Serpent) to unlock a passive AA ability which grants the same effects. The buff triggered by these items is now a shadow buff similar to other items that unlock passive AA abilities.
- Changed Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem to unlock a passive AA ability which grants AC rather than applying a buff that grants AC. The illusion benefit is now a shadow buff similar to other items that unlock passive AA abilities.
- Changed how Gunthak Grit is applied when using Gunthak Swabby's Eyepatch to function like standard illusion benefit buffs.
- Fixed the typo in Rarundel's Memory Stone.
- The following items will now fit into the Illusion Key Ring: Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem, Guise of the Ancient Gods, Gunthak Swabby's Eyepatch, Shroud of the Council, and Visage of the Daft Trickster.
- Look to the marketplace August 16th for the Ayr`Dal Heritage Crate. Each crate contains a random item. Trade these Ayr`Dal Heritage items to your friends or collect them all yourself!
- Adjusted the buff stacking of mount and illusion benefits that increase maximum HP:
- - Mount and illusion buffs that previously used slot 11 to increase maximum HP have been moved to slot 13 to allow AA abilities such as Pact of the Wurine or Pact of the Wolf to coexist with these buffs.
- - Mount and illusion benefits that previously triggered a second 'Fortitude' component have had the HP component consolidated into the primary buff.
*** Tradeskills ***
- The scroll for Focus Mass Runed Spellcaster's Essence can now be researched using Runic Charta Arcanum.
- Increased the chance to forage tradeskill components rather than food in Gates of Discord zones.
*** Quests And Events ***
- Queen Velazul Di`zok (Raid) - The Queen will no longer summon the same captain that she has just killed.
- Queen Velazul Di`zok (Raid) - Modified the Queen event so that the warcasters no longer cast Enveloping Smoke all at the same time. They are also a LOT more vulnerable to area of effect spells.
- Uqua (Raid) - The door puzzle messages now use the Event Messages filter. The keys on the bench now look like keys instead of bags.
- Harmony of the Soul (Quest) - Killing Muramites in Barindu near where the Kyv Runner died will now indicate when they could have dropped the Encrypted Note but did not. The message indicating the Muramite had the note will now always display.
- Lady Vox (Raid) - Lady Vox should no longer proc a huge damage nuke when she has the Scimitar of the Mistwalker equipped.
- Alternate Access: Qvic (Quest) - The Vial of Foul Toxins is now a right-clickable item that must be used near the water source in Yxtta. This change should help address problems with lag in Yxtta.
- Beastlord - An Epic Request - Corrected a bug that prevented your warder from being recognized during the event.
- Mistmoore Catacombs: Scion Lair of Fury - Fixed a bug where the lockout timer was not given on success.
- Hunter of Dulak's Harbor - Added several missing rare targets.
- Hunter of The Crypt of Nadox - Added a missing rare target.
- Hunter of The Crypt of Decay - Assassin Kakoo will now correctly update this achievement.
- Hunter of The Dawnshroud Peaks - An Age Old Rockhopper will now more consistently update this achievement.
- Conqueror of The Rujarkian Hills - Hidden Vale of Deceit and War March of Imal Ojun will now correctly update this achievement.
- Conqueror of Takish-Hiz - The Palace Grounds will now correctly update this achievement.
- Fixed a bug where the following achievements had overlapping requirements: Conqueror of The Prison of the Forsaken, Conqueror of The Reef of Coirnav, Hunter of Torment, the Plane of Pain, Hunter of The Plane of Storms, Hunter of Drunder, the Fortress of Zek, and Hunter of Eryslai, the Kingdom of Wind.
- Many of the raid bosses in The Broken Mirror will now leave corpses on raid success.
- Fixed a bug where one or more of the possible bosses for these Lost Dungeons of Norrath adventures were broken:
- - Deepest Guk: Drowning Crypt - Jinta Savant Grisk, Madakan, and Oime Ugun
- - Miragul's Menagerie: Frosted Halls - The Dream Defiler
- - Mistmoore's Catacombs: Ritualistic Summoning Grounds - Dierdri the Raven
- - Takish-Hiz: Balancing Chamber - Chancellor Etometh, Lord Pasreet, and Shadow Assassin Juni
- - Takish-Hiz: Sunken Library - Master Architect Naida
*** Spells ***
- Gift of Xev will only summon 20 pods of water.
- Corrected an issue where a number of long duration buffs would display a heal over time message every 6 seconds.
- Fixed a number of combat abilities that were not listed in the right-click menu when creating a hotkey in the combat abilities window.
- Fixed a bug that prevented undead summoned minions from being treated as undead creatures.
- Wizard - Corrected the icon on Chaos Scintillation.
*** NPCs ***
- Reduced the respawn time of The Sleep Walker in Plane of Valor.
- Corrected an issue where a number of NPCs were missing the rare creature designation. Ex: Tarris Ellarn, Shardwing, Elishia Blackguard, and Zed Sticklebush.
- Corrected an issue where a number of raid NPCs were missing the correct difficulty designations. Ex: Faydedar, Phinigel Autropos, and Venril Sathir.
- Corrected the consider message for a number of creatures that were not correctly reporting that 'This creature looks relatively weak.'
- Many NPCs treated as bosses are now immune to memory blur and highsun effects and will exhibit boss pet tanking behavior. This change mostly affected bosses in Cazic-Thule 2.0 and Gates of Discord zones.
- Many NPCs in classic zones like Qeynos and Neriak are now wearing their robes and other chest items instead of merely carrying them.
- Lord Elgnub's spawn time has been reduced to what it was in classic.
*** Progression Servers ***
- The tutorial will now unlock when Gates of Discord unlocks.
- Fippy, Vulak, Ragefire, and Lockjaw will now open at approximately 2pm Pacific time the Monday after a completed vote if the vote is successful.
- The Veeshan's Peak revamp will open with Omens of War.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Chests, boxes, and other containers in Lost Dungeons of Norrath adventures now have a chance to drop Adventure Points.
- When a chat channel is full, new channels will now properly spin up and add new players as needed.
- Pick zones with grouping have been improved.
- - When entering a zone, if you do not have a pick zone timer, you will be placed in the zone where all of your group members are and get a timer.
- - If your group members are not all in the same instance of the zone, you will be placed in the default zone and you will not get a timer.
- The command /outputfile missingspells should no longer list spells that cannot be scribed. Ex: Recourse spells triggered by spells that can be scribed.
- The commands /outputfile 'spellbook' and 'missingspells' have been updated:
- - These commands will now list combat abilities in addition to spells
- - Entries are now sorted by level and then alphabetically by spell name
- - Missingspells will now list the lowest rank you do not have. Ex: If you do not have any rank it will only list rank 1, if you have rank 2 it will only list rank 3.
*** UI ***
- Fixed an issue that caused events that are not available on your current server to be displayed in the calendar window.
- The member list in the expedition window can now be sorted by clicking on the column headings. Column width can also now be adjusted.
*** Previously Updated ***
- Lady Vox (Raid) - Lady Vox will no longer wield her drops.
- Berserker Epic: Kerasian Axe of Ire (Quest) - The Handful of Prism Grains is now restricted to Gates of Discord instead of Omens of War.
- The Rathe Council (Raid) - Added logic to prevent the Rathe Council members from respawning instantly when slain.
- Load balanced versions of Kod'Taz, Broken Trial Grounds will have normal population.
- The EverQuest Team