Microsoft and Motiga have teamed up to publish the game to both platforms.
Motiga announced a new partnership with Microsoft today. Gigantic is now set to come to Windows 10 and Xbox One... at some point "in the near future", PC players will be required to have Windows 10 to play.
- Gigantic is considered to be a "key launch title" for Windows 10
- Motiga was impressed by the "gamer-centric features" that Win10 touts
- You can play on either platform, or both, with the same account/game progress
- An option for cross-platform matches will eventually be in the game
- Q: "Do I have to get Windows 10?"
- A: "Not now, but yes, at some point in the near future, you'll need to have Windows 10 to play Gigantic."
- Motiga mentions that Windows 10 will be free, but that only holds true for people who upgrade from Win 7/8 during the first year of the OS launch(with fine print, of course)
- Motiga points out that Microsoft did not purchase their company and they are remaining independant. "This is a partnership."
- Motiga will be at PAX East
- Motiga will hold an AMAA on March 11th
You can read the entire statement from Motiga here.
Q: When is Gigantic coming out? A: It’s coming out in fall 2015 for Windows 10 and Xbox One.— Go Gigantic (@GoGigantic) March 5, 2015
Ann "Cyliena" Hosler, Managing Editor