Rubies of Eventide is a promising example of change in the MMORPG industry. As a second generation massively-multiplayer game, Rubies defies the "Everquest" template by bringing back the classic strategic RPG turn-based combat, with a twist. Rubies unique combat mode is an asynchronous real-time turn-based hybrid combat. For players this means planning moves strategically with more attention to tactical rather than split-second decisions. Rubies of Eventide has seven player races and over 100 starting professions to choose from. With this system, no one is ever locked into a stereotypical role based on his or her choice of race and can develop their skills in-game, however they please.
- Unique turn-based strategy combat mode.
- No racial limitations on any of the 7 player races or 104 professions.
- A progressive skill-based advancement system.
- Nonlinear quests that may or may not involve combat.
- Parties with up to 10 players.
- Switch between 3rd and 1st person perspectives.
- A Faction/Reputation system that keeps track of your diplomatic relations with
- NPC Factions, player-character clans, and guilds as well as your individual average reputation.
- Summoned pets.
- Crafting and Gathering skills.
- Hidden zones and magic gates that respond to changing time and seasons.
- Over 100 professions to choose from or build your own custom-skilled adventurer!
- Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
- Pentium III or greater
- 512 mb of ram (256 mb will work with serious tweaks)
- 32 MB Direct3D compliant video card and hardware T&L (i.e. ATI Radeon or Nvidia GeForce 2 or better. Geforce 4 recommended)
- DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
- 56.6k (or faster) Internet connection (broadband recommended)
- 1.5 GB+ hard drive space
This page last modified 2008-06-07 01:22:43.